TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Don't get me wrong
People Seeking Info

Subject Don't get me wrong

Posted by lazersos on April 20, 2004 at 9:56 PM
  This message has been viewed 471 times.

In Reply To hmm.. posted by PunkZTT(Phoenix) on April 20, 2004 at 07:11 PM

Message The castings do act as a restriction to flow, and if enough flow is restricted the coolant will take up too much heat and not carry it away. From the pics posted I'd say that the flash is a problem with our blocks. However, it is possible that polishing your coolant passages to a mirror finish can deminish cooling performance. It's a tradeoff. Coolant is a close system so any restriction acts to restrict the whole system. In addition, rotary engines tend to produce more heat than our piston engines and as a result this is more of a concern. Another point is that we can have engines that run too cool (and cause just as much dammage to moving parts). This is why personally before installing an upgraded radiator and oil cooler I think it's worthwhile getting oil and coolant temperature guages to see if things are really as bad as they seem.

If you want my really cool idea.....a turbo-timer that's fully automatic but uses oil temperature to determine run time. Basically it would just wait for the temperature to stabalize and then shut the car down.

========================================================
"I have no experience with this specific pump so don't continue reading expecting to find you answers." - ZLover4Life 07:14 3/16/04

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.